Buying a New Car in Tukey
The procedures while buying a new car in Turkey is not very complex. If you are a foreigner having a valid residence permit, then you can buy a car easily.
In Turkey, you should register your car to the Traffic Registration Offices after you buy it from a dealer or a person. There is no exception for Turkish citizens.
When you are buying a new can from a dealer, they will usually deal with all the legal procedures including registering the car. The car should be registered within three months although you should make it clear with the dealer. Below are the documents for a new vehicle registration:
- The sales transaction from notary (Satış Senedi)
- Highway certificate of compliance. Just ask to the dealer about this document (Karayolu Uygunluk Belgesi)
- Special Consumption Tax (ÖTV) receipt
- Invoice of sale (Satış Makbuzu – Fatura)
- Compulsory motor insurance (Zorunlu Trafik Sigortası)
If you gather all these documents, you wiil easily register your car to the Traffic Registration Offices though the dealers will usually manage it.